Transfer Grade Point Average (GPA) Guidelines
Transfer GPA guidelines are provided to assist you in assessing your opportunity for admission.
These are guidelines only; the final standards will depend on the number and qualifications of applicants to each program.
Previously Admitted Transfer Student GPA Levels
Agricultural, Consumer, and Environmental Sciences (ACES)
- Agricultural and Consumer Economics: 2.75 (but may be more competitive depending on the applicant pool)
- Agricultural and Biological Engineering, Dietetics, and Human Nutrition: 3.0
- Agricultural Education: 2.75
- All other programs: 2.5
Applied Health Sciences (AHS)
- All programs: 3.0 Cumulative, 3.0 Technical
- Average GPA range of admitted students for 2014 to CS was a 3.5-4.0 and for Mechanical it was a 3.8-4.0. For certain Engineering majors, the quality of the applicant pool determines the average GPA of admitted students.
Fine and Applied Arts (FAA)
- Architectural Studies: 3.2
- Art and Design, Art Education, Art Foundation, Art History, Crafts, and Music Education: 3.0
- Landscape Architecture, Urban and Regional Planning: 2.75
- All other programs: 2.25
Division of General Studies (DGS)
Liberal Arts and Sciences (LAS)
- Chemical Engineering, Math and Computer Science, Statistics and Computer Science: 3.2
- *Admission is selective for Chemical Engineering. Based on the quality of the applicants, we may only be able to offer admission to a select number of students who have GPAs above the listed guidelines. Some applicants may be offered admission into an alternate program. If you have applied to this major, you should list alternate majors that you would be interested in on our campus in your essay.
- Biochemistry: 2.75, 3.2 Technical
- MCB and Physics: 2.7, 3.0 Technical
- Psychology: 3.0
- Teacher Education Programs: 3.0
- All other programs: 2.7
- Advertising: 3.25
- All other programs: 3.0
School of Social Work (SSW)