We offer a number of visit options for you and your family. Read about our programs and register when you're ready to schedule your visit.
University Housing Hall Tours
Interested in seeing what life is like for students in our residence halls? During your campus visit, plan to take part in a University Housing Hall Tour.
Every Monday through Friday from 2 to 4 p.m., you're invited to stop by tour rooms in 5 of our residence halls, including Nugent, Snyder, ISR, PAR, and Sherman. Check out one or see them all! Learn how today.
Optional Class Visits
Students and families are welcome to visit a class during the school year while on campus to better experience life as an Illinois student. View our list of available classes.
We ask all visitors to arrive before the class begins and stay for the entire duration of the class, as to not cause disruptions. Please introduce yourself to the professor prior to the start of class. Some classes will have particular unavailable dates; this is often when quizzes or exams are being administered.
If you have any questions about our class visit opportunities, contact Campus Visits at 217-333-0824 or email@example.com.
Optional College Meetings
Visitors attending a weekday Daily Visit or Transfer Information Session have the option of requesting a college visit related to their intended major in addition to admissions session. Registrants should request a college visit at least one week before their program in order to allow adequate time for an appointment to be scheduled. Please be aware that colleges may not be available for meetings every day. Meetings are not held on Orange and Blue Days, Admitted Student Days, or for Saturday programs.
- College of Agricultural, Consumer, and Environmental Science—Daily departmental and college meetings are available beginning at 1:15 p.m.; students requesting meetings should register for the 10 a.m. admissions session. Advance registration is required, so please request a College Meeting when scheduling a campus visit. To schedule an alternate meeting time, visit the College of ACES Prospective Student website.
- College of Business—Information sessions are available at 3:30 p.m., and advance registration is required.
- College of Engineering—Tours of the Engineering Quad are available at 2 p.m. Group question and answer sessions with an Assistant Dean or Academic Advisor will follow the tour at approximately 3:30 p.m. During the Summer Visit Program, which is offered weekdays in July and August at 10 a.m., an Engineering Information Session will take place at 1:30 p.m.
- College of Fine and Applied Arts—To schedule your visit with the College of Fine and Applied Arts (Architecture, Landscape Architecture, Urban Planning, Art and Design, Music, Dance and Theatre), visit the College of Fine and Applied Arts Visit website to make arrangements for a one-on-one meeting in your area of interest.
- Other Colleges and Departments—Students may request individual meetings; however, from mid-May to mid-July it may be difficult to schedule appointments with some colleges and departments due to commitments to advising incoming students during Summer Registration.