Detailed transfer information and requirements for reference by advisors and potential transfer students.
When using the recommended course sequences, you may wish to refer to Programs of Study, Course Catalogs, and Transfer Course Information.
You will find information regarding the Illinois Articulation Initiative (IAI) and the IAI General Education Core Curriculum at www.itransfer.org. If you anticipate transferring to Illinois, it is strongly suggested that you follow the recommended course sequences listed within our Transfer Handbook.
Using the Transfer Handbook
- Information contained in this handbook is subject to change and does not constitute a contract between the student and the University of Illinois.
- Select the college below into which transfer admission is desired.
- Once in the college site, select the curricula in which you are interested.
- Compare the recommended courses against the Transfer Course Information for the transfer institution.
- For most majors, the Transfer Handbook will provide a recommended course sequence, with transfer prerequisite requirements listed in red italics. Students must complete those course prerequisite requirements prior to transferring to the University of Illinois. Those who will not be able to complete all of the course prerequisites prior to transferring should address this deficiency in the third optional application essay.
Transfer Handbook Documents
All documents are in PDF format. If you need help with finding your college, please reference the Programs of Study listings.